Friday, October 22, 2010

Totally Happy Birthday


Sometimes I am such a scatterbrain. Today is a dear friend's birthday and I saw her yesterday, HAD HER CARD IN MY CAR, and didn't give it to her. So now her first glimpse of her birthday card will be here on my blog. Sometimes I think the hardest part of making cards is being organized enough to give them (at least in a timely fashion). I'll put that on my New Year's Resolution list again this next year.
This card is made with Totally Tess, who reminds me of my friend whose birthday it is. (That was a horrible sentence but I'm getting kinda tired . . . travel day and all). Anyway, Tess is underutilized in my stamp room, but I always think of her when I want to make a card for Michelle. I also pulled out my long-neglected Prisma pencils, gamsol and blending stumps - some stamps are just meant to be colored. I did a bit of creative masking by putting a single cupcake in Tess's hand from the Birthday Bakery set. That's one of the most fun things about Tess - she can 'hold' so many different things!
Happy Birthday Michelle!!! Hope it was great!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Tote-ally Tess, Birthday Bakery
Cardstock: Sahara sand, Early espresso, Whisper white, Pink pirouette, Rich razzleberry DSP
Ink: Basic Black
Other Stuff: Prisma pencils, Gamsol

No comments:

Post a Comment