Monday, October 4, 2010

Buried treasure



I had to do one of those big clear-everything-off-your-desk-and-weed-through-the-junk-so-you-have-room-to-work-again moments this weekend. I hated to take the time to do it, but when you get to a point where you have to clear enough space to stamp one small card front, you know you just have jump in and get things cleaned up. The good news is that after you're done, the top of your desk usually stays clean for at least 15 minutes or so. The bad news is it takes me about an hour to excavate to the desk level. In the midst of my latest dig, I found a card I must have made a while ago and I really liked it. (See above card) Note: I'm pretty sure I CASE'd this card from somewhere, so I can't claim this as my own design.

BUT, I decided that it was more of a summer card than something suitable for fall. I decided the easiest thing to do would be to change it up a bit with some different colors. So I re-made the card:



Voila!!! Same card layout + Different colors = different feel. As with most things you do, I think I improved it the second time around. I fancied it up a bit with the gold glow smooch spritz (everything for fall should have a gold glow to it, IMO), and used DSP for the circles instead of plain cardstock, and I added pearls and a sentiment this time around. If only we had time to re-do all our cards, think how great they'd all be . . .
Oh, well. As an added bonus that you may have noticed, I figured out how to put card images in different areas in my blog post. And it only took me 145 posts to figure that out. Imagine what I'll be able to do when I have a whole year of blogging under my belt!!!



Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Printed petals, Short & Sweet (2nd card only)
Cardstock: 1) Whisper white, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise 2) Whisper white, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry & Old Olive DSP
Ink: 1) Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight 2)Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
Other Stuff: 1 1/4" and 1" circle punches, Scallop Trim Border punch, dimensionals 1)Tempting Turquoise ribbon 2)Rich Razzleberry ribbon, Basic Pearls, Gold glow smooch spritz

No comments:

Post a Comment