Thursday, October 21, 2010

Off to get some omelets


I'm heading out to Denver for a work conference tomorrow, so fair warning that my blog posts might be MIA for a few days if I have any sort of computer/internet connection problems. I'm not anticipating any issues, but I figured I'd better give fair warning just in case. I've got a crazy couple weeks coming up: Denver until next Wednesday, and then I turn around and head out to home/Penn State for the weekend just 2 days later. We're getting back in time to take the kiddos out trick-or-treating on Sunday evening but I have to drive down to Austin Tuesday night to give a lecture on Wednesday. Whew. Just thinking about all that exhausts me. I've got a bunch of cards 'stockpiled' but we'll see how far they stretch.
Without further ado, let's talk about the real reason you're all here: tonight's card. This is a simple Christmas card that would be easy to mail since it doesn't have a lot of 3D embellishments or even a lot of layers. The embossing part is what's tricky about this card. Some people cut up their embossing folders, but I'm too cheap to do that. You can just use an extra shim in your embossing 'sandwich' with the shape that you want to keep un-embossed (is that a word??) - in this card I used a wooden frame with an oval cut-out from a craft store. It's amazing how easy it is to do, and then you have a great one-layer look that doesn't look like one layer.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas
Cardstock: Whisper white, Real red
Ink: Basic black
Other Stuff: Markers, Petals-a-plenty embossing folder, Champagne mist shimmer spray (made with shimmer paint)

No comments:

Post a Comment