Thursday, March 15, 2012

Busy busy


Hi friends! I've been busy busy busy up in my stamp room!!! I have rediscovered the wonders of the 'sketch challenge' and while I don't actually upload my creations to the various websites, I've been using a lot of sketches lately to help spark my creativity. It seems like I went through a long period of 'tweaking' other people's work, but not really coming up with anything of my own. With sketches, I'm using someone else's base, but the stamps, colors, papers, etc are all from my own mind. So this next period of my work is going to be my 'sketch period.' Also, once I make the card the sketch sometimes gets lost in the process, so I'm going to just tell you about some of the best places to go for inspiration. I love the sketch challenge (each Wednesday) on splitcoaststampers.com and also Mojo Monday, Ispy sketches, the deconstructed sketch, and the sweet stop. All of these places are wonderful when you need some card inspiration and I encourage you to check some of them out!
Now on to today's card. I used an odd size, something I rarely do. But now Stampin Up has a new diagonal board to go on top of its scoreboard, so I can now make my own envelopes with ease - no more worries about how to send those random cards!!! I did some coloring with my markers and my blender pen on water colorpaper, which I absolutely love. I see this as a gorgeous Mother's day or special birthday card. Lovely.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Bordering on Romance
Cardstock:Sahara sand, old olive, Rose red, basic black, watercolor paper, cardstock vellum
Ink: Stazon black
Other Stuff: 2 1/2" circle punch, Scallop trim border punch, vanilla satin ribbon, blushing bride pleated satin ribbon (LOVE!!!), Beautiful wings embosslit, basic pearls, Perfect details texturz plate, Stampin Up markers, blender pen

No comments:

Post a Comment