Monday, March 10, 2014

Two to share


Today I'm sharing two cards that use the same sketch, but look completely different. The first is another fun birthday card using my favorite set from the Occasions catalog, Starburst sayings and the coordinating Starburst framelits. I used a piece of (now retired) tangerine tango DSP from the old Brights color stack (which could easily be substituted for a pattern in the new stack) and then put some fun colors together with it: Coastal Cabana and Tempting Turquoise, pulling them all together by embossing with the oldie but goodie Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I used Turquoise embossing powder for the focal point of the sentiment and finished the whole thing off with the Banner punch and stamp set that is part of the Sale-a-bration special that is still good until the end of this month!

My second card was inspired by a baby shower that my sister, mom and I are helping to host in April. It's a little more 'modern' and uses the color scheme of Strawberry slush, Pink Pirouette and Smoky slate. I used copious amounts of the gorgeous Strawberry slush ruffle stretch trim and the elephant from the Zoo babies set (did you see that I popped up the elephant's ear with a dimensional???). Again, I used the Sale-a-bration banner stamp set and punch for a cute little addition at the top of the card. To finish it off, I used the Modern Mosaic embossing folder, although I think that the Chevron EF would have been another great choice.

That's all for now - I've got some more great stuff to share with you later this week. It's Spring Break here in North Texas so I've literally had to fend off half a dozen 'Mom!' calls to post this entry . . . gotta get those kids outside in this beautiful weather to burn off some of that energy I wish I had!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Starburst sayings, Banner blast (SAB)
Cardstock: Tangerine tango, Coastal cabana, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper white
Ink: Versamark, Tangerine tango, Coastal cabana, Tempting Turquoise
Other Stuff: Tempting turquoise EP, Perfect polka dots EF, Starburst framelits, Banner punch (SAB), dimensionals

Stamps: Zoo babies, Banner blast (SAB)
Cardstock: Smoky slate, Strawberry slush, Pink pirouette, whisper white
Ink: Smoky slate, Strawberry slush, Pink pirouette
Other Stuff: Strawberry slush ruffle stretch trim, Banner punch (SAB), Stamp-a-ma-jig (for placement of the sentiment), Modern mosaic EF

No comments:

Post a Comment