Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Golden friendship


This month my stamp club order included the Watercolor Wonder washi tape, which is a set of three gold colored tapes. It took me a while to decide to order them, because I wasn't sure how much I would use gold. Well, after I sat down with them in front of me, it didn't take long! I'm an old Girl Scout, and one of the songs we used to sing all the time went like this, "Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver and the other gold." So in my head I always think of really good friends when I see the color gold. Thus, the perfect pairing for that gorgeous gold washi tape was the sentiment from the World Treasures set, complemented with gold embossing powder and some beautiful gold foil sheets, which aren't just for Chrismas! I cut out the sentiment with the Apothecary accents framelits dies, and traced around the outer edge of the die and cut it out by hand to make the gold layer behind it. This card was simple to put together, perfect for a spur-of-the-moment send out to a dear friend. I just ripped the washi tape and put it on there, but if you like a cleaner edge, you could cut the tape and add it on for a more formal look than this casual one-layer card.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: World treasures
Cardstock: Very vanilla, gold foil
Ink: Versamark
Other Stuff: Gold EP, Apothecary Accents framelits, Watercolor wonder washi tape, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment