Friday, March 14, 2014

Trash to treasure




A few days ago I decided to undertake a big project: cleaning off my stamp desk. This is really more of an excavation than just a cleaning, if truth be told. I will work and work at my desk until my stamping area gets to be too small for me to work at anymore; in my case this is less than about a 10" x 10" square, although in a pinch I can work in smaller spaces than that! It is amazing the things that get uncovered as I clean. I find all sorts of bits and pieces of projects that never quite got finished. Most of the time I just pitch them because I want to clean for some new project I have dreamed up, but sometimes I take a second look at it with fresh eyes and come up with something I like. Today's card is an example of that. I had played with the Happy Watercolor stamp set and actual watercolor paper a while back and was underwhelmed. But then when I found my watercolor rainbow, I trimmed it up a bit, added a super-cute sentiment and put it onto the one watercolor wonder designer notecard that I didn't know what to do with. Super simple but I have to say, it makes me very happy!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Happy Watercolor
Cardstock: Watercolor paper
Ink: Real red, pumpkin pie, daffodil delight, gumball green, tempting turquoise, basic black
Other Stuff: water spritzer, Watercolor wonder designer note cards, corner rounder punch

1 comment: