Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Many, many thanks



Six weeks ago today I had surgery to remove a large, benign brain tumor. The surgery took almost 7 hours and I was in the hospital for 5 days, and have been home on medical leave this whole time. Amazingly, the surgery and my ensuing recovery went incredibly smoothly, and I am getting ready to return to work tomorrow. Obviously, I could not have done this on my own and have many people to thank. My hospital room, and then my house, looked like a florist shop for weeks (it was quite lovely!). I had meals brought to the house, baked goods dropped off, got 'goody boxes' in the mail and had countless acts of kindness, thoughts, prayers and well wishes sent my way. I have written a lot of thank you notes! Today I am sharing some of the cards I sent. I used a beautiful notecard set from the Stampin' Up! Occasions catalog called Watercolor Wonder Designer Note Cards & Envelopes. They are an amazing, thick watercolor-weight and already have most of the design on them. All I had to do was add a little sentiment and stamping here and there to give them my own little spin, which was perfect because I didn't have much energy those first few weeks of recovery! Between these cards, and the Good As Gold card kit (FREE as a Sale-a-bration kit!), I was able to get all my thanks out!

No comments:

Post a Comment