Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Help from a friend


I cannot tell a lie: this was not the card I was planning on posting today. I have another card that I quite love, but I thought I had a picture of it and I don't. And if there is one thing that I learned while I was home recovering from my surgery it is that it is best to take pictures of your cards during the day. They look SO MUCH BETTER than my poor cards that I photographed at night (which is how I always did it because I work during the day and stamp at night). But now that it is almost springtime, I can still get in plenty of good light when I get home from work, as long as I REMEMBER TO DO IT. That is the story of my life right there folks.
Anyway, on to today's card. My stamp club does a monthly swap, which is really fun and it also encourages everyone to actually use the products they buy each month instead of just looking at them, all pretty in their packaging. So, for today's card I decided to use one of the layouts from a swap I got a few months ago. It's simple, but so cute and I got to use several of the designs from the Sweet Sorbet paper pack offered for FREE (with $50 purchase) during Sale-a-bration, which ends this month. And of course I couldn't stay away from my go-to set, Starburst Sayings. What do you think of the Pistachio Pudding paper for the card base? It's not a color I've used often, but I can see it really coming out and using it a lot now that spring is about here. Hopefully I'll get around to snapping that picture of the other card I've made, which is also quite 'Spring-y.' See you soon!


Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Starburst Sayings
Cardstock: Pistachio pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper white, Sweet Sorbet DSP
Ink: Versamark
Other Stuff: Pool party EP, Starburst and circles framelits, square punch, Perfect polka dots EF

2 comments:

  1. I keep looking for the thumbs up button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my card was the one that inspired this...am I right? But yours looks SOOOOO much better than mine!! :)

    ReplyDelete