Thursday, July 21, 2011

Weddings two ways



Lately I've found out about this cool new technique called double embossing, where you use embossing powder on an embossing folder and dry emboss and wet emboss the same image. So of course I had to try it (see top card). I think I like it, but it really does use A LOT of embossing powder and honestly, it's kind of messy. So I tried a variation that I've seen where you ink up an embossing folder and then you end up with a two-tone image (see bottom card). Slightly less messy and one less step since you don't have to heat set anything. But then if you're like me you have an almost heart attack because you can't get your embossing folder clean. I am no neatnik, but I can't have messy stampin stuff!!! The horror! Luckily, several baby wipes and some serious elbow grease did the trick. I'm thinking about investing in a second embossing folder saved for inking if I decide to do this technique more often.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Word play or Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Real red, Basic black, Whisper white or Basic black and very vanilla
Ink: Versamark or Basic black
Other Stuff: Silver or black embossing powder, circle punches, scalloped oval punch, large oval punch, Red glitter paper, satin ribbon, basic rhinestones, basic pearls, mini glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment