Sunday, July 10, 2011

Clemson sunset


I went to Clemson for graduate school. The school colors at Clemson are purple and orange, and what I've heard is that they chose those colors because that's what color the sky is at sunset. I don't know if that's the real reason they chose those colors or not, but I can say that the sunsets there really are purple and orange, and they are striking. Of course while I was there I never bothered to actually take a picture of a sunset, and I could kick myself for it. Hopefully I'll be able to get back there someday soon (during football season, of course) and get some of those pictures I never bothered to take in the 5 1/2 years I lived there.
The card I'm sharing today is my ode to the Clemson sunset, and the sentiment is for all my friends I made while I was there. It is (probably) an awful coincidence, but I could probably say that, from Clemson, I have maybe 10-12 friends on Facebook. Of those people, there are FOUR (including me) that have had some sort of abnormal growth since I've known them. My (BENIGN!!) brain tumor is by far the least worrisome of the group. So this sentiment was added on purpose, and not just because it fit on the card.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: My friend, Word Play, Fabulous phrases, Perfect punches
Cardstock: Elegant eggplant, Calypso coral, Wisteria wonder, Whisper white
Ink: Elegant eggplant, Calypso coral, Wisteria wonder
Other Stuff: Ticket corner punch, Tab punch, Brayer, Basic pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment