Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stampin for fun



Sometimes I can get myself into a 'mode' where I stamp for specific reasons, like invitations and thank you cards for my daughter's birthday, using new techniques for a stamp club card, or some sort of workshop card. Those projects are challenging and fun in their own way, but every once in a while it's nice to take a step back and remember that this is all supposed to be fun and non-stressful. I just got two big orders in - one was my sale-a-bration order where I let myself splurge a little (hey - I get some free stuff out of it so it makes it worth it, right?) and the other was a pre-order I got to make since I'm a demo. Even though I was so excited about the new stuff, I got overwhelmed last night and just had nothing when I sat down at my stamp table. So tonight I just went up and played - no pressure, no having to come up with a cool technique or project that can be duplicated at least 6 times, just let myself go up there and make a one-off card for someone special. And I ended up making two one-off cards for two special people. And it felt good.
The card I'm sharing with you tonight is a masculine birthday card. My husband and I have a friend who is having a milestone birthday in what has been a year of (some tough) changes for him. He'll never know (or care, really) but I started the card by picking the stamp set I wanted to use because the images are great but also the name is fitting for him right now: Plant Hope. Hopefully this birthday will be a fresh start for him. I have a hard time with masculine cards but I think this one hit it just right. I got to use some of my new goodies too: the patterned paper is one of the sneak peek items I just got - Paisley Prints DSP - FABULOUS!!!!! I also used my brand new early espresso ribbon and items I usually hoard and don't use because they are 'special:' watercolor paper and my vintage brads. This was a FUN card to color and put together!!!!
Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Plant hope, Wonderfully worn
Cardstock: Soft suede, Early espresso, Watercolor paper, Paisley prints DSP
Ink: Soft suede, Brown stazon, Early espresso
Other Stuff: Old olive and soft suede markers, blender pen, sponge dauber, Backgrounds I texturz plate, Early espresso 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, antique brad, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment