Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm a maker not a sender



I've come to realize something about myself, and unfortunately I had an 'aha' moment that my realization is not just true for my cards but could possibly be a larger issue in my life. I'm really good at making cards. I am TERRIBLE at sending cards. I made 15 or 20 Valentine's cards and I sent zero. I even had the envelopes addressed and borrowed stamps from my mom (we'll deal with that some other time). sigh. For some reason I have a problem finishing the job. I get thisclose to doing something awesome and then for some reason I just drop the ball. So my resolution for the month is to a) figure out exactly when Easter is and b) actually mail the cute Easter cards that I am making a whole week BEFORE Easter. I'll let you know how I do. There is one slight silver lining since I addressed all those envelopes - I was able to use them to send out my daughter's Thank You cards from her birthday, so it wasn't totally a waste.
Today's card is one of the aforementioned cute Easter cards I came up with. I love this Easter Blossoms set from the Occasions Mini. The little girl silhouette is such a pretty stamp, but it can overshadow some of the other cute images. Tonight I inked the Easter egg stamp for the first time and I LOVE this card. I used a layout from a Mojo Monday sketch I printed one time and some ribbon from my stash. Simple but cute and easy to duplicate!!!!! That's my kind of card. And maybe I'll even send it :-)
Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Easter Blossoms
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Bashful blue, Whisper white, Pretty in Pink DSP
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Bashful blue, Certainly celery
Other Stuff: Large oval punch, ribbon (from my stash), Bow easy, glue dot, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment