Monday, January 31, 2011

Inspiration from the world around us


There are lots of challenges out there where people pick an item as 'inspiration' and then make a card based on some aspect of the item, either color scheme or shape or general overall design. All the scrapbooking magazines and card magazine articles tell you to look around and draw inspiration from the world around you. I gotta tell you, this is not a strong point of mine. Usually I'm too busy dashing around trying to get all the stuff done I need to get done in a day or week to look around my world for card inspiration. But then you never say never, right??? Every once in a while something just hits you on the head and says 'Copy me - I'm a GREAT card idea' and you just HAVE to do it. Tonight's card is inspired by a $5 t-shirt I bought myself at the Wal-Mart this past weekend. There is very little stamping on this card (only the sentiment) but it took me a loooong time to get all those punched out hearts to fit on the card so that they were a) all facing up and b) have some semblance of an overall heart shape. The more I look at the card the more I tend to like it, but it's having to grow on me. My t-shirt is dirty (I wore it already and of course got a bit of dinner and probably some toddler detritus on it) but I'll see if I can get a picture of it and show it to you side-by-side with the card one of these days.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:Short & sweet
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Whisper white, Rich razzleberry, Rose red, Real red
Ink: Real red
Other Stuff: Heart-to-heart punch, small heart punch, modern label punch, Basic rhinestones, dimensionals, Two-way glue pen, Dazzling diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment