Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A new buddy



So remember how I said I was going to cut back this year, give myself some breathing room? HA! Steve and I decided for Christmas this year to set up a fishtank, which has been a labor of love. We got that set up finished this past weekend, after about a month of working on it (one of the best and worst things about having an engineer husband!!!) It looks awesome and it has practically replaced the tv in our house! Well, one would think I would be satisfied. One would be wrong. Steve and I went to PetSmart this weekend to buy some fish. We came home with a puppy. That I picked out. Charlie is a 10 week old Shar-pei mix that we got from a small dog rescue. I lost my best buddy Jake almost exactly a year ago and still can't think about him without crying. But something about this little brown wrinkly pup just called to me, and it's weird, but Steve and I both kind of felt like Jake would be okay with it. I had thought about getting a new little gray schnauzer puppy, but somehow it never seemed right. So anyway, new puppy DOES NOT equal breathing room, but it sure is fun!
Tonight's card is one that I'm sending out for Valentine's Day and it uses some new glitter paper from Stampin'Up which I just love. The only thing that would make it better is if it came in more colors so I could bling up more cards! It also uses the Baroque Motifs stamp set, which is one that I hesitated to get because it is expensive, but thanks to a birthday gift certificate from a friend, I took the plunge last August and am so glad I did (thanks again Deb!). This stamp set is so versatile - I've made Halloween, wedding, Christmas and Valentine's cards with it that I can think of off the top of my head.
Well, I'm off to take the puppy out one last time before bed!!! See you back here soon.
Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:Baroque motifs, Valentine Defined
Cardstock: Basic gray, Whisper white, Basic black, Red glitter paper
Ink: Basic gray, real red
Other Stuff: Decorative label punch, Small heart punch, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I LOVE your Charlie! What a cute dog...and of course, that cute Katie too! I love your card as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete