Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine blitz


I know, I know, y'all have been getting on my case about not blogging more often . . . there are so many distractions these days with the new puppy and new fishtank, and my computer seems to get slower and slower by the day . . . and from what I understand, none of you care: you want cards and you want them NOW!! :-)
Alright then, I'm up for the challenge - I can do better.
Tonight's card is taking something that I've seen other people do and putting my own little spin on it. I took out my brayer for what seems to be the first time in forever and brayered on some 'water' before adding my fish (made with the ornament punch - aren't people clever for coming up with that one???) and plants and pearl 'bubbles.' I love that the Stampin'Up! pearls come in three sizes - those teeny tiny ones are the smallest pearls I've seen anywhere, and I tend to use them up first. The fish lips are made with one of the punches from the itty bitty bits set. This card is probably going to hubby for Valentine's Day since we've been really enjoying setting up our new fishtank together.
I'm off to watch the local news and stress about the wintry mix coming and getting to work tomorrow. Be safe if you're in an area getting hit with bad weather!!!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Pocket silhouettes
Cardstock: Real red, whisper white, tempting turqouise, Tangerine tango
Ink: Tempting turquoise, tangerine tango, Garden green, always artichoke
Other Stuff: Ornament punch, Itty bitty shapes punch pack, Basic pearls, brayer, sponges, ticket corner punch, google eyes (non SU!)

1 comment: