Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brrr!


Yikes people - it's freezing here in North Texas!!! I've lived in the area for 9 years and don't ever remember us being below freezing for such an extended period of time (3 days and counting). We got an ice storm Monday night and my kids and my husband haven't been back to school/work yet (and they won't be going Thursday either). I'm considered 'critical personnel' so I've had to slog my way in to the clinic the past couple days which is NO FUN. And our media room (which also houses my scrapbook nook) is above the (unheated!) garage and is freezing cold, so no cardmaking lately. BOO!!!! But luckily I have a couple cards in reserve so I can blog this week instead of stamping (which is good and bad).
Tonight's card I copied from somewhere but changed up the colors, if I remember correctly. There is a lot to this card so I know I copied it because I wouldn't have done that much 'stuff' on my own. I finally used my Hostess level 1 set Punch Potpourri for the heart, and went with my old standby, Teeny Tiny Wishes, for the sentiment. Teeny tiny wishes is an expensive stamp set, but truly worth every penny!!!! This also uses TWO embossing folders, Elegant Lines and the new tulip one from the Occasions Mini. It also used the Scalloped Heart of Hearts embosslit die - it cuts and embosses - love that! I glitzed it up with some basic pearls and some homemade shimmer mist used with Champagne mist shimmer paint. Guess I'd better start addressing these cards and envelopes so people get them for Valentine's Day. Now if only the ice would melt so I could get to the post office for stamps . . .

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:Punch potpourri, Teeny tiny wishes
Cardstock: Very vanilla, Perfect plum, Rose red, Chocolate chip
Ink: Rose red
Other Stuff: Elegant lines EF, Framed tulips EF, Scalloped Heart of hearts Embosslit, Basic pearls, Full heart punch, Modern label punch, Champagne mist shimmer paint

No comments:

Post a Comment