Wednesday, February 23, 2011


Tonight I'm sharing one of the cards we made this weekend at the Stamp-a-Stack. I find it really easy to make a card for a female friend or relative, but I struggle with masculine cards. I always want to girl it up with some ribbon or just a touch of a girly color. Plus since mostly women stamp, I think most of the stamp companies cater to us and make stamps that are mostly skewed toward females. Thus, I purposely tried to create one card out of five that was most decidedly masculine, and this was the end result. I think that this is the most creative I've been on my own in a long time. I used the Modern label punch to create the golf tees on the bottom left portion of the card. Most people moaned and groaned while they attempted to make these tees (it involves freehand cutting with scissors, which a lot of people don't like to do) but I kept telling them that they had to trust me and those wonky tees WOULD look good when you put them on the card. I don't know why, but they ALL look bad until you actually get them on the card, then they magically just fix themselves and look like golf tees. This is going to be my new go-to card for ANYONE who is a golfer . . . birthday, Father's Day, retirement . . . it works for them all!


Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: On the green, Teeny tiny wishes
Cardstock: Garden green, Wild Wasabi, Whisper white, Basic black, Soft suede
Ink: Garden green, Basic black
Other Stuff: Texturz plates and big shot, Modern label punch, Word window punch, dimensionals, scissors, 1 1/2" circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment