Friday, October 21, 2011

Well Worn Birthday


Sometimes you make a card that is SOOO awesome you just can't part with it. This is one of those cards. I originally made this to give to either my dad or my father-in-law, since their birthdays are about 2 days apart. But I didn't want to send it before I took a picture of it since it is, in my humble opinion, completely and totally da bomb. And I didn't take a picture of it for a really long time, so guess what that means - it never got sent to either guy. Luckily I don't think either one will mind too much! (Sadly, the guys I know don't care about cards nearly enough, IMO)
This card started with a random sketch I have laying around my scrap area, and I layered and twisted and tweaked with my stash of stuff until I got it how I wanted it. It uses a bunch of my still-new-to-me goodies: the Well Worn DSP, Perfectly Penned stamp set for the sentiment, and the Blue Denim Jean ribbon. And after much trial and error with different techniques and spritzes and sprays and distressing tools, I settled on using the Wonderfully Worn background stamp and sponged edges to get the sentiment (and focal point of the card) to look just the way I wanted it to. Gorgeous!!!!! Not sure if the photograph does it justice or not, but I've got it in my stash if you ever want to see it in person!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Perfectly penned, Wonderfully worn
Cardstock: Early espresso, Soft suede, River Rock (I think - it's been a while), Well Worn DSP
Ink:Not quite navy, Soft suede, Versamark
Other Stuff: Blue denim jean ribbon, sponges, Clear EP

No comments:

Post a Comment