Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Funky fall


The Spice Cake designer series paper that Stampin'Up! has in their holiday mini catalog uses a color combination that is absolutely 'out there' and completely AWESOME in my opinion. They use 'normal' fall colors like Soft suede, More mustard and Very vanilla, and then they go totally crazy and add in Pool party, of all things!!! It kicks the whole thing up a notch and modernizes the entire look. It seems like EVERYONE has been making a variant of the card I'm sharing today, using these colors together. I'm throwing my creation into the mix as well. This was the second project we made at Stamp Club this month, and I changed up the 'typical' card I've seen by embossing the leaf in gold and adding a fabric flower to the mix. Funky, yet lovely, right???
Stay tuned . . . I am hoping to figure out a date for the second installment of my Christmas card class. I'm thinking the last weekend in October or the first weekend in November, but I'm only doing it ONCE this time!!! If you have an opinion either way of when to have it, send me an email, text or comment on this blog.
Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: En francais, French foliage
Cardstock: More mustard, Soft suede, Very vanilla, pool party. Spice cake DSP
Ink:Soft suede, more mustard, soft suede, pear pizzazz, pool party, versamark
Other Stuff: Gold embossing powder, sponges, Fun flowers die, Spice cake fabric, vintage brad, glue dot

No comments:

Post a Comment