Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's fall, y'all


I've been on a big home-organization kick lately. If you know me at all, you know that while I am very organized and 'with-it' for my job, not so much at home. I have LOTS of things that need organizing, and I am sure there is at least one person out there who is shaking their head saying 'Yeah, that's the understatement of the year!' (Hi Mom!) Anyway, so far this fall I have cleaned out the garage (all three bays!), my pantry, the junk drawer in the kitchen, my son's closet, the kid's toy area, and tomorrow I am taking the day off and tackling my bedroom closet (wish me luck!). Anyway, this relates to stamping because I just cleaned out my tote bag that I take to work and realized that there are about half a dozen cards in there that have not seen the light of day on this blog!!!!! So I am going to do my best to play catch-up and show you some of the cards I've made and failed to share with you.
Today's card is one that we made at our most recent stamp club. It is a criss-cross card with a coaster we made thrown in for good measure. I thought that this would be a really cute way to do place cards for a holiday meal or wedding, where you could have a favor in with the card (the coaster is the favor I chose, since I wanted to show the ladies at club how easy it is to use the Sizzix dies to cut through not just paper, but fabric and other materials like cork like butter). I'm thinking of using this for my very own Thanksgiving festivities, although it would mean taking time to actually make 10 or so of these, and while I'm good at coming up with these ideas, follow through to completion is not my strong suite. Although those turkeys sure are cute . . .

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Fabulous phrases
Cardstock: Soft suede, very vanilla, more mustard, pool party, pear pizzazz, early espresso, whisper white, cherry cobbler, cajun craze, Spice cake DSP
Ink: Soft suede
Other Stuff: Punches: Tab, Owl, 5 petal flower, scallop circle, heart to heart; glue dots, cork sheet, multipurpose adhesive sheets, 3 1/2" circle die, Spice cake fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment