Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving Planner



In my family, everyone 'takes' a holiday and is in charge of the meal and the general planning of the day. Thanksgiving always has been, and likely always will be, my holiday. I like it, because the only thing that matters on Thanksgiving is being with people you are thankful for, and food. The food is the centerpiece of the whole day, and I like having that responsibility. But with that responsibility comes, for me, a lot of lists!!!!! I have seen some of these little planners on different blogs and on splitcoast for Christmas so I decided to make one for myself for Thanksgiving. I used some retired DSP (Autumn Days??) from last year's Fall/Winter Mini and a plain manila file folder. I should also give a shout out to Hannah Kost (symmetry.typepad.com) who posted a tutorial for this project that I loosely followed. You can do a lot more embellishing, but since this is really all about function for me, I didn't add too much to it so that there's less that can fall off in my purse!!!
We'll see how much I actually use this planner - maybe I'll make a Christmas one too!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Day of Gratitude, Alphabet set (PSX)
Cardstock: Very vanilla, Dusty durango (retired), Chocolate chip, retired DSP
Ink: Early espresso
Other Stuff: Word window & modern label punches, Crop-a-dile, Chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon (retired), Nestie, Martha Stewart score board

No comments:

Post a Comment