Friday, February 28, 2014

Working with patterns


Sometimes in a paper pack, there are some prints or patterns that might not appeal to you, even if you like the overall look of the paper pack. For this card, I challenged myself to use a pattern that was difficult for me. This chevron pattern is very bold and not something I would gravitate to on my own, so that's what I decided to try. The trick, I've found, is to use it in small doses. The other thing that I had to do with this card was add some white layers behind the two chevron panels - I had the card laid out without them, but in this case it needed something more, and that extra little layer did the trick. I found this sketch (from Splitcoast, I believe) and it works. This card turned out very neutral; it could be for males or females, old or young. A perfect card to keep in your stash for when you need a quick card!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: See Ya Later (SAB)
Cardstock: Real red, coastal cabana, Bermuda bay, whisper white, Fresh Prints DSP
Ink: Real red and Bermuda bay markers
Other Stuff: Chevron EF and dimensionals

1 comment: