Friday, February 14, 2014

My blog is back!


Hi everyone!
Yes, it's true. I'm going to start posting on my blog again. Let's do a one sentence recap of the past couple years. Sold house, moved in with mom, built house, moved into new house, had benign brain tumor removed. Sooo . . . I've been kind of busy and have not had much motivation for stamping at all. Now that all the big stuff that I knew was coming up has come and gone, I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I have a lot of creativity that's just coming out. Plus, I REALLY like the new stuff in the Stampin'Up! occasions spring catalog and it's helped me get over my creative slump.
So, without further ado, here's my Valentine's Day card, with hardly a minute to spare! I used a sketch to help me get started (that will be a common theme). This one is from the Mojo Monday blog, if I recall correctly. It's my take on a Shabby Chic style and I had a lot of fun putting it together.
I'm still working out some kinks, so expect to see some changes in the future. I'm going to figure out how to watermark my pictures (please don't steal my pictures!), and I have to update all the sidebars and stuff, but I didn't want to wait any longer to start posting, so we'll just fit that stuff in as I can (and as I figure it out!)

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Hearts a Flutter, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Yippee Skippee
Cardstock: Raspberry ripple, Crumb cake, Primrose petals coredinations, Whisper white
Ink: Raspberry ripple, Crumb cake
Other Stuff: Primrose petals marker (because I can't find the ink pad!), Burlap ribbon (from the Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath Kit), Hearts a Flutter framelits, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Raspberry ripple ribbon, Very vintage button, Vintage faceted button, Basic pearls, Chevron Embossing folder, sponge dauber, glitter pen (non-SU), mini stapler (non-SU), dimensionals, Sanding block

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are back on your blog! I love your work. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your new beginnings! From a fellow
    SU Demo:)

    ReplyDelete