Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Banner Day


Today's card was inspired by two things. First, I saw a really cute card on Splitcoast that used banners on the top and bottom (thank you Jennie Maier, who I don't know but I loved her card!). It made me think of flags, so then naturally my mind went to a nautical theme, which always makes me think of the Pottery Barn Kids summer catalogs. I love these catalogs because they have such cute, preppy boys' rooms. I decided to go with Soft Sky, Night of Navy, and Real red as my color theme. From there it came together so quickly and was fun to make - I'm already thinking that I could do one with the same stamp sets in 'girl' colors. This is the kind of card I need to sit down and make a few of, so that I have them when I'm scrambling to get the kids to a birthday party and they say, as we're walking out the door, 'Hey, don't we need a card??' Sometimes it's nice to get back to basics - this card is just stamps and punches, nothing fancy or time consuming.

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Banner Blast(SAB), Blue Ribbon
Cardstock: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Night of Navy, and Real red
Ink: Night of Navy, Real red
Other Stuff: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Banner Punch (SAB), Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment