Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Love the Starburst





The Starburst Sayings and Starburst Framelits have got to be, hands down, my favorite things in the Occasions Catalog. I keep reaching for them every time I start to make a card. I always stayed away from card sketches with circles on them, because I never had the "right" stamp set to incorporate into the design. Not anymore!!!! Now I LOOK for sketches with circles just so I can use this set more. Today's card uses a little tip I picked up somewhere along the way and I'll share it with you. The Starburst framelits have lots of space in between the different layers, and sometimes I want a closer layered look (look at the layers on the small circles). The smallest starburst on each of them is from the framelits. The next 'starburst' is home-made by using the 1 1/4" scalloped circle punch. I punched the scalloped circle out, and then stuck it to a sticky note to be able to put it back into the punch and re-punch, this time in the center of each scallop, to give the 'starburst' look. Pretty tricky, huh?

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Starburst Sayings
Cardstock: Crumb cake, Whisper white, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Fresh Prints DSP stack
Ink: Pool party, Bermuda Bay
Other Stuff: Starburst Framelits, Circles Framelits, Dazzling Diamonds, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, 1 1/4" scalloped circle punch, Basic Rhinestone, Dimensional, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay and Crumb cake markers

1 comment: