Friday, September 21, 2012
Figured it out
As promised, here's the card that I had such problems with earlier this week. I normally don't make religous Christmas cards, since I send cards to such an eclectic group of people. But since I've started making so many different cards, and this stamp set was so awesome that someone bought it twice and it was just sitting there on my desk, staring at me, I decided to go for it. I had this vision in my head and started cutting away, but then I worked and worked on it and had this huge blank space in the middle. I got frustrated and had to put it aside for a few days (see my previous post for the card I made in the interim). When I picked it back up, I tried a couple different things and bounced some ideas off my mom (LOVE having her sit across from me when I am creating now!). This is the final design that we came up with. Simple, but very beautiful while still keeping the focus on the message of this card.
Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: First Christmas, Greetings of the Season
Cardstock: Midnight muse, Whisper white, Brushed silver
Ink: Midnight muse, Versamark
Other Stuff: Apothecary accents framelits, Midnight muse ribbon, Silver embossing powder, Silver stampin dazzle marker