Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A happy accident




Lately I have been riding a wave of creativity and everything that I'm doing is turning out at least something like the vision in my head. I've been hard at work on my holiday cards and had this idea for a card using a set that one of my ladies, well, she liked it so much she bought it twice. Of course I look at that as an opportunity to buy a stamp set that maybe I wouldn't have bought without some encouragement (send it back - what???? - no way!). So I had this great idea in my head and started cutting out 12 shapes for the main image and - oh no! - the execution of the card was not matching my vision AFTER I cut out TWELVE shapes. So after I tried to do what I wanted to do with both sides of the shape I decided to go down a different path. I set aside my new stamp set and desperately tried to find something that would fit in that shape - out popped the beautiful tree from Christmas Lodge. So I decided to go with a rustic, preppy look. Something 'lodge-y' but more preppy than really cowboy, actual rustic (thus more like me). I pulled out some Christmas paper from last year that I hoarded (why do I do that????) and wrapped some cherry cobbler twine around the whole thing and voila . . . my rustic, preppy Christmas card, perfect for the single men on your Christmas card list that do not want glitz and bling. Oh, and just because it's that kind of period for me, after a day or so I went back to the first idea in my head and got it to work. I'll share that one next time!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Christmas Lodge, Greetings of the Season
Cardstock: Cherry cobbler, Whisper white, Frostwood Lodge DSP (retired)
Ink: Garden green, cherry cobbler, Versamark
Other Stuff: Cherry cobbler embossing powder, Cherry cobbler baker's twine, dimensionals, Apothecary accents framelit, sponge dauber

1 comment:

  1. You have ladies that buy stamp sets twice?! How CRAZY! LOL! Very nice, Karla. You're right, your creativity is off of the charts these days!

    ReplyDelete