Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sympathy swap

This month's stamp club was a first for me. I have always avoided making sympathy cards until I need one, so I never ever planned one for Stamp Club. When I asked my club last month if they had any suggestions for August, this came up and we decided to go with it. We've been making swaps in stamp club as well so we went all in and made the swaps Sympathy-themed as well. This was my swap. I kinda-sorta copied a little bit of a Zindorf card but only used a little bit of it and added it to a card sketch that I liked. The butterfly is cut out and popped onto the card with a squished up mini glue dot for a little more dimension. I also used the new Coredinations paper and woodgrain embossing folder (which I sanded to get that cool effect) and I'm really pleased with the result. And now even though I have a pile of sympathy cards, I hope I don't have to use any anytime soon. Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted) Stamps: Summer Solstice Cardstock: Soft suede, baja breeze, very vanilla, early espresso (coredinations) Ink: Espresso Other Stuff: Blender pen, baja breeze, soft suede and sahara sand markers, vintage trinkets, woodgrain EF, mini glue dots, sanding block

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job, Karla. Unfortunately, we all need sympathy cards much more frequently than we care too!

    ReplyDelete