Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hello baby


One of my friends had a beautiful baby girl a little over a week ago so this card is in the mail on the way to the happy family. She did the nursery in purples and pinks so of course I had to make a card in the same colors (I also made her a small scrapbook album in those colors too - maybe one day I'll take the time to post those pictures since I actually had the foresight to photograph them before I gave it away, but I'll have to be awfully ambitious one day). Anyway, I digress . . . this card is probably going to be my new go-to card for babies. It's super-cute and appropriate for both boys and girls if you change up the color scheme. Perfect!!! AND, my big super-tricky trick for this card is that I MADE MY OWN BUTTONS. Yes, really!!! It's not hard, but it does take a little foresight because you have to make them at least a day ahead of time so they have time to dry completely. With the new Button Buddies stamp set in the new catalog, making your own buttons is practically a necessity!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Button buddies, Its a wrap occasions
Cardstock: Pink pirouette, Wisteria wonder, Elegant eggplant, Whisper white
Ink: Pretty in pink, Wisteria wonder, Elegant eggplant
Other Stuff: Perfect polka dots EF, Dotted scallop ribbon border punch, 3/4" circle punch, Paper piercer, White baker's twine, Crystal effects, mat pack, Basic rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment