Monday, October 18, 2010

Having some fun


I started rubber stamping (branching out from scrapbooking) one year in grad school when I wasn't able to go home for Thanksgiving. I was really upset about not being able to spend that time with my family until a friend of mine, who was also staying in town, asked me if I wanted to try making my own Christmas cards with her that weekend. The rest, as you can imagine, is history. So Christmas cards, more than any other, are special to me as that's how I got my start and got hooked on this hobby. I make A LOT of Christmas cards (130+) so usually they have to be relatively simple. One of the absolute fantastic things about this blog is I make a lot of cards that are just prototypes - made to try out different color combinations or a new technique or new product. In years past, my 'prototype' Christmas cards never got their moment in the spotlight because most of them were just too hard to mass produce or just didn't have quite the look I was going for. Not so anymore!!!
Tonight's card is inspired by the colored Christmas lights that my mom is so fond of. They've kind of gone out of style as most people (like myself) use all white lights now. I pulled out some of the teeny tiny colored rhinestones of unknown origin and stuck them all over this trendy tree. Fun!!

Oh my goodness I must have been tired last night when I originally posted this - forgot to put in all the 'recipe' components!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Trendy trees, Short & sweet, Confetti
Cardstock: Crumb cake, Riding hood red DSP, Whisper white
Ink: Garden green, Chocolate chip, Riding hood red, Crumb cake
Other Stuff: Stamp-a-ma-jig, itty bitty rhinestones of unknown origin

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS ONE!!!!
    I agree with your mom, colored lights are still my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete