Thursday, April 7, 2011

Way out there layout


Tonight's card was made using one of those Mojo Monday card sketches that I printed out in bulk and head to when I need some new inspiration. This layout is kind of out there for me, but upon further review, I think I really like it. I got to use almost all the stamps in the Easter blossoms set on this card too, which gives me a feeling like I got my money's worth (not a problem with this stamp set!) I used all but the Easter egg on one card - that's got to be some sort of record! (I guess I could use the egg on the inside with the Happy Easter stamp . . . hmmmm. This is one of those rare cards (for me at least) where there's a lot going on with it as far as stamps go, but there is not one single embellishment (aside from DSP, if you think of that as an embellishment) on it, which means it's going to be easy to ship, for one thing. I am totally guilty of relying on bling and embellishments to fill up a card, and sometimes with the right design, you can let the stamps speak for themselves. Just one more reason why I love to make cards!


Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Easter blossoms
Cardstock: River rock, Very vanilla, Not quite navy, Springtime vintage DSP
Ink: Not quite navy, Baja breeze, River rock
Other Stuff: 1 3/8" circle punch, Scalloped circle punch, Versamarker, Rose red, Pretty in pink and Pear pizzazz markers, Sponge dauber, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment