Sunday, July 11, 2010

All about summer



Tonight I was sitting outside with my mom and sis, watching the kiddos play while hubby cleaned up after dinner (No - I swear I haven't gotten too much sun - I'm not hallucinating!!), and I was tossing around some card ideas with my mom. Well, I was trying to. I was hoping she could give me some sort of spark, something to get my brain cells going so I could come up with something new and exciting. She liked some of the color combos I was throwing at her, but not for right now. She said the stuff I was telling her would be beautiful for the fall, but that I needed to stick to summery colors right now. So that's what I did for tonight. I found a sketch that I liked on Pagemaps.com (I print these maps out each month - they are great and free!) and did two different cards with them - in summery colors. You just can't get more summery than Pacific Point, Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie. Now I just need to get back in the habit of sending out some of the cards I make!

Card Supplies: (All supplies from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Punched posies, Vintage labels (from SAB), Short & sweet
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, whisper white, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Tropical DSP
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Old olive
Other Stuff: Marker (old olive), 5 petal flower punch, 1" circle punch, word window punch, modern label punch, dazzling diamonds
PS. There is a butterfly punch but I don't have it (yet) so I cut out the butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment